Introduction to SolarWinds Training:
SolarWinds is a monitoring platform we use internally. SolarWinds allows customers to have high visibility to each of their site across their private network. SolarWinds gathers all information by using some protocols such as ICMP and SNMP etc. We can add different modules to SolarWinds instance like Net flow monitoring. Network monitoring feature of SolarWinds will allow easy capturing, processing and finding the solution for current performance issue occurring in the local network.IDESTRAININGS provides training service for SolarWinds corporate training which will explain the concept of network management.At Idestrainings we provide SolarWinds online training and corporate training from our experienced trainers. We also provide SolarWinds classroom Training in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Noida, Delhi, Nagpur etc..,
Pre-requisites for SolarWinds training:
Anyone who is having Basic server and Database Knowledge.
SolarWinds Online Training Course Details:
Program Name: SolarWinds Training
Duration of course: 30Hours (it can be customized as per the requirement).
Mode of Training: We provide Online, Corporate and Classroom training for SolarWinds course. We provide virtual Job Support as well.
Timings: According to one’s feasibility.
Batch type: Regular, weekends and fast track.
Do you provide Materials: Yes, if you register with Ides Trainings, SolarWinds Training Materials will be provided.
Basic Requirements: Good internet speed, Headset.
Trainer Experience: 10+ years.
Course Fee: Please register on our website, so that one of our coordinators will contact you
SolarWinds Online Training Course Content:
Module1: Orion Platform and Network Performance Monitor
1.1 Framing of Orion Platform
Necessity for Application Server
Requirements for SQL Server
1.2. NPM Insertion
Orion Configuration Wizard
1.3. Outline for Core Components
Orion Network Sonar Discovery
Basic Polling Methods for Orion
1.3.4 Optional Windows & Linux Agents
1.4 User Accounts
1.5 Custom Properties
1.6 Orion Groups
1.7 Orion Dependencies
1.8 Integrated Virtual Infrastructure Monitoring (IVIM)
1.9 Syslogs and SNMP Traps
Module 2: Network Performance Monitor
Overview of NPM
2.1.2 Network F5 BIG-IP Insight for (LOAD BALANCING)
2.1.3 Wireless Monitoring
2.1.4 Cisco UCS API Integration
2.1.5 Cisco Switch Stack Monitoring
2.1.6 Universal Device Pollers
2.1.7 NPM Polling Settings and Data Retention
Module 3: Network Positioning Manager
3.1 Installing of NCM
3.2 NCM Overview
3.2.1 NCM User Permissions
3.2.2 Adding Nodes to NCM
3.3 NCM Connection Profiles
3.4 NCM Device Templates
3.5 NCM Jobs and Scheduling Backups
3.6 Execution of Scripts and Bulk Changes
3.7 Real-Time arrangement of Change Detection
3.8 Compliance Policy Reports
3.9 End of Sales/End of Support management
3.10 Cisco Firmware Vulnerabilities Reporting
3.11 Introduction to Configuration Change Templates
Module 4 : Application Monitor and Server ; Alerting; Reporting; Maps; View Customization’s
4.1 SAM fixture
4.2 SAM Outline
4.2.1 SAM User Permissions
4.2.2 Microsoft SQL, Exchange, and IIS
4.2.3 Windows organized Task Monitoring
4.2.4 SAM Component Types
4.2.5 Leading Application Templates and Assigning Monitors
4.3 Orion Alerting Outline
4.3.1 Web-based Alert Engine
4.4 Orion Reporting Outline
4.4.1 Orion Report Writer application
4.4.2 Web-based Report Engine
4.5 Orion Maps
4.5.1 Network Atlas and Wireless Heat Maps
4.5.2 Worldwide Map Resource
4.6 Orion View Management
4.6.1 Custom View Creation
4.6.2 NOC View Designs
Module 5: IP Address Manager; Virtualization Manager (VMAN)
5.1 IPAM Installation
5.2 Overview of IPAM
5.2.1 User Permissions for IPAM
5.2.2 Subnets and IP Addresses Importing
5.2.3 DHCP Administration
5.2.4 DNS Administration
5.3 Installing VMAN
5.4 Overview VMAN
5.4.1 Addition of ESX host to VMAN and Hyper-V, Vcenter
5.4.2 Azure Monitoring and polling by using VMAN
5.4.3 AWS Monitoring and polling by using VMAN
5.4.4 Optimization of VM Resources
Overview of SolarWinds Training:
SolarWinds provides a wide array of IT monitoring and management solutions. The company’s expertise spans across multiple sectors of the IT industry, such as cloud technology, security, network monitoring and database performance analysis. For nearly 20 years, SolarWinds has been a global leader in developing tools to manage hardware and software assets, which are used by customers in a variety of industries.
One of the most popular SolarWinds product lines is the Orion Platform. The Orion suite features six tools, including the Network Performance Manager, Netflow Traffic Analyzer, Network Configuration Manager, Virtualization Manager, Server and Application Monitor, and the Storage Resource Monitor. Together, these products form a fully integrated IT management system that provides complete oversight of network, application, and storage resources.
What are Orion Platform products?
The SolarWinds Orion platform provides common services such as alerting, reporting, intuitive dashboards, and charts. We can include as many modules as we want or we can use simple monitoring. If we want to use SolarWinds for both sever monitor and Network monitoring we can install both SAM and NPN modules. The Prion platform enables real-time performance and management of physical and virtual infrastructure in a single plane of glass and helps in improving the IT operational efficiency, reduce costs, and IT availability. Orion Platform consists of Network performance Monitor, Network Traffic Analyzer, Network Configuration manager, Virtualization manager, Server Application Monitor and storage Resource Monitor.
Simple Orion Architecture:
The two important components of the Orion Architecture are Orion Database, Orion server & Main Poller. In this, Orion Server will pull the information from the network dev. After the installation of Orion Server, the Integration of Orion server with Orion Database is done. The Orion database used by SolarWinds is an SQL Database by which we can poll the devices whether it be sever or NPM. Orient server is able to view the information from the database, view the custom charts, all available alerts from the dash board and get the view of console. From this simple architecture, web server or user interface information data availability, which polled is taken care by the Orion server.
What are the Polling methods used by Orion Platform?
The Polling methods used by SolarWinds
Internet Control message Protocol (ICMP): In ICMP, gives an idea about the response time and the availability whether the particular server is up or down, how far server will respond. ICMP is used for Load balancer monitoring and other protocols.
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): It is a standardized protocol used to collect and organize device information on a network. Monitoring of large devices, in which they consist of connected objects of its own, requesting of information from each device is impractical. You can set up the SNMP Trap Server, each device which is managed will be able to notify about the issues next to sending a trap message.
SolarWinds NPM or SolarWinds SAM are monitored by SNMP traps. SNMP traps are received by the SolarWinds Trap Service, which listens for incoming trap messages on UDP port 162, and then decodes, displays, and stores the messages in the SolarWinds Orion database. The SolarWinds Trap Service can receive and process SNMP traps from any type of monitored network device, and can handle large numbers of simultaneously incoming traps.
Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI): This is used for windows management instrumentation. Obtain management data from remote system through protocols like DCOM protocol, WSMAN protocol. By using WMI, we can set security settings for remote machines and apps, collect information about local or remote networks, set and change permissions for users and groups, schedule process to run at specific times. WMI has two components: WMI core and WMI repository. WMI service acts as intermediate between providers, applications and the repository.
An agent is software that provides a communication channel between the Orion server and a Windows or Linux computer. Products install plugins on agents to collect the data that the agents send back. This can be beneficial in situations such as:
Polling hosts and applications behind firewall NAT or proxies.Polling node and applications across multiple discrete networks that have overlapping IP address space. Secure, encrypted polling over a single port and support for low bandwidth, high latency connections. Polling nodes across domains where no domain trusts have been established and Full, end-to-end encryption between the monitored host and the main Poller. You can monitor servers hosted by cloud-based services such as Amazon EC2, Rack space, Microsoft Azure, and other Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
How SolarWinds Training is useful:
SolarWinds Training will let you know that how it will be useful for your current project requirements and our training team of experts will help you for your project regarding SolarWinds. Generally in private network, normal monitoring systems do not have the ability to see that what is happening on a customer’s CPU because it is an enclosed environment.
- SolarWinds monitoring tool allows us to see what is happening with all of the devices in circuits that are delivered within that solution. SolarWinds gathers all information by using some protocols such as ICMP and SNMP etc.
- It also gives them the ability to be alerted of any of those sites are down and give them detailed monitoring and review of each site as well as the services running with that site. At IDESTRAININGS we also provide online training for VMware training from our real-time consultants.
- It provides a centralized view of all the customers that allows training team to see the activities happening across that entire private network and pull together any correlation of events as well as alerts that might have happened.
- SolarWinds training is an advanced system for monitoring the network that provides some capabilities to the users such as error acceptance, performance analyzing, checking hardware statistics and deep check up of network packets.
- When you will install it then the built-in network discovery will dynamically find switches, routers, firewalls and any other SNMP based devices available in its range.
- SolarWinds can automatically detect new devices available and new added to the network to prompt you for monitoring.
- The central system has the ability to discover the virtual infrastructure of the network including virtual machines, datacenters and clusters etc.
- Once the information is obtained then you will be able to filter the results of your discovery prior to import. For example you could filter based on interface type or hardware information.
- It can be accessed through a customizable web console so users have the ability to monitor their network from virtually any location.
- The dashboard quality is very highly effective with alerting manager, report generating tool, mapping tools for network and integrating with protocols etc. These key features allow the user to better understand their network environment.
Why SolarWinds Training?
IDESTRAININGS will explain that why the SolarWinds training is so important and why do you need the knowledge of network monitoring in this growing environment. There is need to optimize that to figure out ways to better collect the flow of data and make sure to store only the important stuff. Idestrainings have senior consultants for SolarWinds Training at reasonable price.
- The network sonar discovery feature allows the user to scan a range of IP addresses and automatically import any node found within the IP address range.
- There are multiple ways of monitoring different types of network elements in Orion, but SNMP is sort of the assumed default monitoring method for network nodes.
- Orion platform comes with various credential libraries and there is really more of a feature for server and application monitor or other users. The SAM server agent software can be installed on an application server to enhance application monitoring capabilities.
- The virtualization option is similar to Orion agent and it requires VMware poll option to check whether any of the nodes are VM hosts. If you are working with a virtualization environment then it is necessary to include the VM host credentials.
- With both the IP ranges and subnets selection methods the user can add multiple IP address ranges to a single scan, but he can use only one selection method in SolarWinds training.
- So the user cannot include an IP range and a subnet in the same scan but the user can include multiple subnets and multiple IP ranges in the same scan.
Importance of SolarWinds Training:
IDESTRAININGS has a team of experts who will let you know the importance of using SolarWinds that how it is more useful for your future business growth. SolarWinds Orion platform products can integrate with ServiceNow which allows to automatically opening ServiceNow tickets based on critical events defined within its software of Orion platform. Our consultants will skilled you on SolarWinds training given at flexible hours.
- Network monitoring feature of SolarWinds will allow easily capturing, process and finding the solution for current performance issue occurring in the local network.
- With this integration it will be easy to create incidents which will be based on alerts and can be executed on Orion platform. This is done by synchronizing the information which is collected by alerts and generated incidents by ServiceNow.
- The incidents generated in ServiceNow can be easily opened, re-opened, close and updated automatically.
- This integration requires some protocol training to establish communication like HTTPs.
- In most environments, today companies have a network monitoring system like SolarWinds to keep an eye on things and when there is an incident an alert gets generated that typically goes right to a level one technician at the helpdesk.
- This is where the process stalls a bit until the technician creates a ticket in the ITSM help desk compilation which is often ServiceNow.
- Then the technician begins the process of remediation beyond their level of expertise and escalates it to a level 2 technician.
- It provides a real-time view through dashboards for visually tracking the performance.
How SolarWinds provides solutions for IT Infra Monitoring:
SolarWinds is a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT Monitoring & Management Software. SolarWinds has more than 3Lakh customers as on Dec 2020 comprising private and public sectors. Every client is keen on protective monitoring of the infrastructure and hence creating lot of SolarWinds opportunities.
Conclusion of SolarWinds Training:
In today’s IT industry, over the last few years the technology has been growing rapidly, therefore the requirement of fresher in terms of skill set levels has been increased. If they are technically weak, they will be out of this technology race.
For those peoples, IDESTRAININGS provides us an online training service for SolarWinds corporate training We have trainers/consultants who have very well professional experience in the field of SolarWinds and they will help you to get out of the situation. Feel free to contact us if you want SolarWinds training.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1.Is SolarWinds easy to use?
Yes, SolarWinds tool is easy to use as the reports are customizable fully and configuration of module is easy.
2.What feature does SolarWinds include?
Wi-fi Heat maps, Wi-fi Network Analyzer, SNMP Scanner, Network Diagnostic Tool, Network performance Testing and ANMP Trap Receiver Monitoring are some of the features which SolarWinds Include.
3.What are the services provided by the Orion Platform?
The SolarWinds Orion platform provides common services such as alerting, reporting, intuitive dashboards, and charts.
4.How many installations are needed for Orion NPM setup?
Lightweight Installation and Standard Installation are the two types of installations used by the Orion NPM set up.
5.Which type of Agent does SolarWinds Use?
Orion Module Engine SolarWinds Agent .