Introduction to Tableau Training:
Today, in the market, Tableau is a popular business intelligence tool provided by the Tableau Software. Data analysis is very fast with Tableau and the visualizations are created in the form of dashboards and worksheets. Users can create and distribute an interactive and shareable dashboard, which describes the trends, variations, and density of the data in the form of graphs and charts. That’s why we can say Tableau is a key player in the business intelligence field. So, Learn Tableau from Industry Experts.
Idestrainings offers the Best Tableau Training from the past 5 years. We are having more than 10+yr experience expert trainers. We are providing a real-time and job oriented training program in Tableau. Our Tableau Online Training offers deep understanding of fundamentals and practical usage of technology. Don’t Miss Out! Join this Tableau Course Today!
Prerequisites to attend Tableau Training:
- Tableau training attendees have basic knowledge on Bigdata, Hive and Hadoop.
- And also known the basics about OBIEE and SQL PSQL.
- BIP and Qlikview Desktop.
TABLEAU TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
Overview of Tableau Training:
Tableau is a powerful business intelligence and data visualization tool that has a very clear user interface. You do not need any coding knowledge to work with the Tableau. It is very useful in drilling-down data, creating insight reports and Garner actionable business ideas. When coming in to the business Intelligence part, let’s see what role Tableau plays in it and how tableau has taken over the world of business intelligence.
For the fifth year in a row in 2017, Tableau business intelligence and data visualization tool has been placed in the leader’s quadrant in Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms by IT research firm Gartner. Gartner has positioned Tableau as top in ability to execute again this year. When it comes to the aspects of intuitive analytics and interactive visual analytics there is no better than Tableau.Tableau has both Desktop and Online versions, which enables access to software data in the cloud or on premises.
Before you get started Tableau Online Training, you must know about what exactly mean by “Business intelligence and Data Visualization tool” when we talk about tableau.
What is Business intelligence?
Business Intelligence (BI) refers to all technologies, applications and practices for the collection, integration, analysis and presentation of business information. The purpose of business intelligence is to make a good business decision. Specifically, Business Intelligence Systems are Data-based Decision Support Systems (DSS). Sometimes Business Intelligence is interchangeably with briefing books, report and query tools and executive information systems.
What is Data Visualization?
Data visualization means the graphical representation of information and data.Visualizations are a great way to highlight important data. By using visual elements like pie charts, graphs, and maps, data visualization tools provide an accessible way to see and understand trends, outliers, and patterns in data.
In Big Data world, data visualization tools and technologies are essential to analyze massive amounts of information and make data-driven decisions.
When you are thinking about data visualization, your first thought probably immediately goes to simple bar graphs or pie charts. While these could be an integral part of visualizing data and a common baseline for several data graphics, the right visualization must be paired with the right set of information. So, the Simple graphs are only the tip of the iceberg. There’s a whole selection of visualization methods to display data in effective and interesting ways.
So, What you can do with the Tableau tool?
Tableau Software provides the best analytical experience for end user based on data visualization science. It is also identified as leader in analytical software. Tableau allows users to move quickly through data and ask many questions in a number of ways. Technological advances have more prevalent and enhanced data visualization than ever before, also increasing the importance of business intelligence. “By using Tableau Software you can share your work with anyone and make an impact on your business”.
Tableau leads the world that brings the data visualization process available to business users of every business background and industry. It gives an ability to all data Scientists, to visualize data effectively and leads directly to better understanding, insight and better business decisions. It is also used for Non IT Managers & Professionals having no prior programming knowledge as it has an amazingly wonderful user interface which makes learning & working on it very easy.
Here are some reasons as why Tableau is one of the best business intelligence and business analytics tools:
- Speed in the Market
- Tableau Does any data like Big Data, Hadoop, Teradata, Excel, Google Analytics, SAP etc
- Stunning, Interactive Visualizations
- Compatibility across the Multiple Platforms
- Working with Tableau Dashboard and Reporting Tool
- Self-Service business intelligence and analytics
While the Tableau cost is on the higher side, the Tableau customers are not complaining. Because, It has in-built drag and drop options along with table calculation features that can help to add complex analysis with the click of a mouse.
Tableau also integrates with the various programming languages like Python, R and has great use of data science community. One of the most important features of Tableau is that it can connect with almost any type of data source that contains text data, excel files, and databases having different types of data stored into it which Tableau competitors find it difficult to follow.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Tableau Software?
We all know that Tableau is one of the most popular and widely used Business Intelligence (BI) tools. But it has some advantages and disadvantages.
First, let me explain advantages of Tableau
- Excellent Data Visualizations: Tableau provides great data visualizations at scale. So,It is one of the greatest strengths of Tableau. It takes unorganized data and provides a range of visualizations for a deeper understanding of trends.It helps you create visualizations that stand out of the crowd. It makes it easy for users to analyze data by using different factors like colors, labels, and shapes.
- In-depth Insights: Every businesses need insights and they need it now. Tableau can help forward-thinking in enterprises to analyze the data without any specific targets in mind. You can explore the visualizations and see the same data from different angles. By using “what if” queries you can adjust data hypothetically & visualize data components dynamically for comparisons. While you are working with real-time data then these capabilities are accentuated in a very big manner.
- User-friendly approach : User-friendly approach is one of the greatest strengths of Tableau. It is built from the ground up for people those who don’t have any technical skills or coding experience. So everything can be done by anybody without any skills. Since most of the features are drag-and-drop, each and every visualization is so intuitive and self-depicting. So, no doubt today Tableau is one of the best visualization and analytics tool in the market.
- Working with disparate data sources: Tableau has a powerful reason to be included by various organizations in the world that are present with today’s data, where data can come from any point and disparate sources. So,The Tableau has an edge over other business intelligence and analytics tools. Tableau helps you to work by connecting to various data sources, data warehouses, files which exist in the cloud, big data, data that exists in spreadsheets, non-relational data among other types of data. Tableau effortlessly mix all the different types of data to help organizations come up with compelling visualizations.
- Switching between visualizations: You have the option to switch between different visualizations in order to bring about a greater context, ways of drilling down data and exploring the data at a very minute level.
- Easy analysis of big data: It is capable of managing big data issues with ease. This is because the Tableau has an edge over its competitors.
- Integration & Mobile Support: It is linked to various data sources / platforms such as Hadoop, R and Python to make analytical operations more efficient and It also has excellent mobile support led to more customization of users towards mobile app.
- Easy Up-gradation & No hidden Cost: It offers easy upgrade service and this is the reason why maximum customers use its upgraded version. Tableau solutions are cost effective and are available at a comparatively low price with no hidden cost.
- Excellent Customer Service: It offers better service experiences, value and customer support which shows its level of commitment towards customers.
Disadvantages of using Tableau:
- Scheduling or notification of reports: Tableau has no option of scheduling. It does not provide the feature of automatic refreshing of the reports with the help of scheduling. Therefore, there is always required some manual effort when users needs to update the data in the back-end.
- No Custom Visual Imports: Tableau is not a complete open tool. Unlike other tools such as Power BI, developers can create custom visuals that can be easily imported Tableau. So, any new visuals have to recreate instead of imported.
- Custom Formatting in Tableau: Tableau’s conditional formatting and limited 16 column table displays pain points for users. Also, the user can not do all the fields directly to run the same configuration for multiple fields. This is done manually for each of the fields that take time for customers.
- Static and Single Value Parameters: Tableau’s parameters can be static and always selected using a single value parameter. When data is changed, these parameters must be updated manually every time. There is no way to automate the update of user parameters
- Screen Resolution on Tableau Dashboards: If the tableau developer’s screen resolution is different from end user’s screen resolution, the layout of the dashboards get disturbed for example if the dashboards has been created in screen resolution of 1920 X 1080 and is being viewed in 2560 X 1440 then the layout of the dashboards will get slightly distorted. Also dashboards are not responsive there. So you need to create a dashboard for mobile and desktop.
What are the various Tableau products and their uses?
Data Everywhere Tableau for Every one. So, learn about Tableau products and their uses
Tableau Desktop :
Tableau Desktop is a data visualization software that allows you to view and understand data in minutes. Anybody can work with Tableau Desktop.
We should say thanks to it because it is extremely user-friendliness. You can store the data in reports and dashboards on the Tableau Server and also you can work with it by merging it on the system browser. You can connect with different types of data and convert into easy comprehensible Tableau Reporting, Tableau data visualization and Tableau dashboard that can be accessed even via the mobile devices.
The Tableau Desktop product helps to creating stunning visualization, data analysis, creation of workbooks, data stories and more. If you are using the Tableau Desktop then you can publish your data on other tableau products like Tableau Server, Tableau Public or the Tableau Online.
Tableau Server :
The Tableau Server is another product of the Tableau.Tableau server gives some out of the box analysis on the usage and performance of the product. From the Tableau stables that lets you distribute your interactive workbooks to the right stakeholders. By using the Tableau Server it is possible to edit the Tableau dashboard, visualizations, workbooks and stories. When you use Tableau Server you will have data access that is up-to-date and insights that are of high value.The Tableau Server administrator controls the access to servers, protect the data and provide permissions to the various workbooks, projects, views and data sources. You will be able to manage the collaboration, security and performance of the Tableau products.
Tableau Online :
Tableau Online is the analytics platform that is available in the cloud and accessible through any device anywhere. It is useful to publish the Tableau Dashboards on the Tableau Online and share the data innovations with anyone.
You can collaborate with anyone and explore the various features such as interactive visualizations, explore hidden opportunities and so on. On Tableau Online you can transmit your dashboard through any web browser or mobile devices.
Tableau Reader :
Tableau Reader is a free desktop application which allows you to open and interact with workbooks that have been saved as .twbx (packaged workbook). A packaged workbook saves the workbook and a snapshot (static view) of the data and puts it as one file. One thing to note about using Tableau Reader is that there is essentially no security; anyone who receives the workbook can use Tableau Reader to open it.
Why should we go for Tableau Training at GOT?
Idestrainings providing best online support for Tableau Training. Tableau at GOT is not a complex programming software.So, any of the below can attend:
- Non-IT Professionals
- Non-BI Professionals
- Data Analysts
- Project Managers
- Job seekers
Want to start your career with learning Tableau Online Training?
See, Idestrainings is the best place to learn. We offers Tableau Course for Graduates and Job Seekers and Professionals. We have 10+ years of experienced trainers who handles so many Business Intelligence Projects and Tableau Business Projects. We also provide Tableau training material, Tableau training videos for their future help.
This Tableau course has been specially designed to train the candidates for industry standards and expectations. In this Tableau Training, we will cover different types of data visualization concepts in depth including scripting, dashboard integration, and Tableau integration with R, linking charts, conditional formatting and also Tableau latest versions like Tableau 10.5 features, Tableau 10.5.1, Tableau 10.5.2, Tableau 10.5.3 and Tableau updates and more. We also provide Tableau Server Training and Tableau Administrator Training.
This Tableau Training Course at GOT will help you master in the Tableau Desktop 10 data visualization and reporting tool. By the end of this course you will be able to analyze your business data and develop highly insightful information.
“At Idestrainings, we greatly value the trust of our partners. Our courses are designed to deliver an effective learning experience and have helped them in their Bright Career”
Conclusion of Tableau Training:
Today, Tableau is one of the top business intelligence and data visualization tools that are available in the marketing. Fortunately there are nearly 500 companies are using Tableau Software in order to derive valuable insights from their data. The best part of Tableau is that there is no require for the people working with the powerful tool to have any sort of technical knowledge or programming skills. Most of the features of Tableau are self-explanatory and drag-and-drop aspects. So all businesses need to be more valuable with their insights to ever grow their business, a tool like tableau becomes that much more indispensable to organizations regardless of the industry vertical and customer segmentation.
At Idestrainings , learn how to use Tableau to see and understand your business data better. Tableau is a one of the best key player in the business intelligence field. This Tableau tutorial will help you to use this program to analyze and visualize your organization’s data.